Art Deco Child’s Room Design
Photo: Child’s room Interior in the style of Art Deco
Unlike boys, girls prefer a more romantic and cozy style instead of a pragmatic hi-tech interior. Taking into account the wishes and interests of the young owner of the room, we’ve chosen Art Deco style for the children’s room design.
Zoning of Space in a Girl’s Room
Our design project is based on dividing the room into functional zones. After all, a child’s room is not just a bedroom, but also a workplace, a place for reading, games, socializing with friends, etc.
So we decided to divide the room into three useful area:
- A sleeping area separated by bedside tables on the sides and a sofa at the foot of the bed.
- A recreation area, including a coffee table and sofa.
- A studying area along the windows in the Art Deco style and consisting of transparent desks. Each of them is supplemented by a floor lamp and a chair. Both desks are near the windows and are well lit, so the choice of a place to study depends on personal preference. In the educational area there is also a convenient bookcase with a tall mirror. It is situated between the windows and tables.
If you decide to renew a room and please your daughter with a cozy and elegant interior the designers of Olga’s Studio will develop a project according to the wishes of both the child and parents.
Child’s Room Interior Features
Distinctive features of the style here are:
- A spacious room not cluttered with unnecessary furniture.
- The use of natural materials when decorating.
- The use of neutral colors in the interior design.
- A classic rhombus pattern on the door.
- A trapezoidal silhouette in the window shape.
- A geometrical design (seen in the dark brown floor, ceiling and the chandelier’s edging).
- The softness of the bed, contrasting with strict contours of the bedside tables and table lamps.
- An oddly shaped coffee table, designed for the creative mind, perfectly paired with modern transparent desks (despite its curved legs which are more suitable for classical design of the house).
- Multi-level lighting, including a chandelier, lamps on the bedside tables and lamps near the desks.
- A bedspread which matches the sofa upholstery.
Two paintings on opposite walls complement the interior without causing a sense of saturation with too many decor items.
Text: Rimma Alexandrova
- 18.03.2016 by Olga's Studio — Interior Design, in Interior Design Ideas and Pictures,Kitchen interior,Living room interiorLarge living room with white kitchen Olga’s Studio designers often choose ...Read more +
- House and Cottage Interior Design
- Apartment Interior Design Images
- Living Room Interior Design
- Bedroom Interior Design
- Kitchen Interior Design
- Children’s Room Interior Design
- Bathroom Interior Design
- Study Interior Design
- Dining room interior design: creating a cozy eating area
- Hallway and Corridor Interior Design
- Exercise room interior design
- Swimming Pool Interior Design
- Restaurant and café interior design
- Office Interior Design
- Beauty Salon Interior Design
- Suspended Ceiling Design
- Lighting design in the interior
- Completed Interiors After Repair
- Large living room with white kitchen Olga’...
- Design for small black kitchen Small flats are ...
- Small bedroom design in modern style It is not ...
- Beige and rose children’s room design for girls...