Remodeling an Apartment in Vilnius. Before and After Photos
When the owners moved into their newly acquired apartment in an old house in Vilnius, they didn’t want to remodel it right away. A poorly thought-out interior design could ruin its European charm and turn a historical monument of architecture into an ordinary unremarkable residence. Therefore, it was first decided to simply decorate the apartment with antiques, without undergoing a serious remodeling. It allowed Olga’s Studio to develop a detailed design project, without rush, taking into account all the features of an old building and apartments located in it. At the moment, remodeling of the apartment is nearly completed.
General Requirements for the Design of the Apartment
The atmosphere of Vilnius and the building itself tend to keep to the European retro style. That is why the interior design was created with consideration for the originality of the architecture of the ancient Lithuanian city.
Photo: Facade of an Old House in Vilnius. Interiors BEFORE Repair
Since the apartment is located on the mezzanine floor, the mansard roof ceiling and wooden staircase, which introduce one of a kind style of the 19th century, helped us to give it a maximum level of coziness. In order to keep this style in all rooms, the interior design has been implemented in bright, light colors, additionally emphasized by the correct location of lamps.
Photo: A small staircase in the mezzanine floor apartment
Report on Work Done
When we first visited this apartment, we saw a standard and very uncomfortable separated bathroom. Both rooms were cramped and did not even try to capture the imagination by their “sophisticated” finish (there was a traditional tile of a light shade).
Photo: The bathroom during remodeling
After combining and remodeling the bathroom, we have the European version of a spacious room, decorated with white bricks. Such finish helps the room to be well-lit and also emphasizes the spirit of antiquity.
Photo: Interiors after remodeling
While working on the dining room, our designers decided to expand the room by combining the living room and a small kitchen. As a result, the kitchen interior has changed dramatically, and the staircase has added an inimitable style to a newly-made dining room.
Photo: Combined dining room and kitchen-living room
Here, a wooden staircase, thoughtfully placed furniture and lighting create some useful areas:
- Recreation area.
Photo: Light kitchen area interior
Because of such zoning the room becomes multifunctional and the living room matches the kitchen design.
Photo: Apartment after renovation
Vilnius is a city of wonders, where you can see buildings of past centuries right from your window.
Photo: Architecture of Vilnius
This architecture creates a fantastic mood and encourages a flight of fancy. If you want to match the historical atmosphere of Vilnius and the interior design of your apartment, Design Studio Olga’s Studio can take care of it.
Text: Rimma Alexandrova
- 18.03.2016 by Olga's Studio — Interior Design, in Interior Design Ideas and Pictures,Kitchen interior,Living room interiorLarge living room with white kitchen Olga’s Studio designers often choose ...Read more +
- House and Cottage Interior Design
- Apartment Interior Design Images
- Living Room Interior Design
- Bedroom Interior Design
- Kitchen Interior Design
- Children’s Room Interior Design
- Bathroom Interior Design
- Study Interior Design
- Dining room interior design: creating a cozy eating area
- Hallway and Corridor Interior Design
- Exercise room interior design
- Swimming Pool Interior Design
- Restaurant and café interior design
- Office Interior Design
- Beauty Salon Interior Design
- Suspended Ceiling Design
- Lighting design in the interior
- Completed Interiors After Repair
- Large living room with white kitchen Olga’...
- Design for small black kitchen Small flats are ...
- Small bedroom design in modern style It is not ...
- Beige and rose children’s room design for girls...